Friday, August 22, 2008

Buying Back Old Memories




So, when I was younger they used to show GOOD shows on TV. Really cute little, simple shows with characters you wanted to cuddle up with and be best buds with! It was none of the Blues Clues or Rollie Pollie Ollie stuff. When I was little, we had Mirthworms! I loved the Mirthworms. 

I ran across the Mirthworms at Christmastime when ABC was running this Christmas marathon of adorable Christmas shows for kids! A Merry Mirthworm Christmas was on and I fell in love. I remembered it a few days ago and wanted to buy it. Sadly, it was out of print, but I found a used copy on Amazon Marketplace! Along with finding a Merry Mirthworm Christmas, I found out that the Mirthworms had 2 other movies! So I bought both of those also. :) I love Amazon for having that section of their site. Two of the movies arrived yesterday and I plan to watch them both tonight! 

(Aren't these little guys adorable? According to the box, Mirthworms are "cuddly little critters about two inches tall who live in the tiny town of Wormingham." Who wouldn't love them?)
Oh, to be a kid again. At least I have Amazon to keep my old memories in stock... what is it with the things of my childhood already being out of print? I'm not THAT old! 

No comments: