Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Starts Tomorrow!

So I was not too sure I was ok with school starting tomorrow until I ran across some of my best guy friends in the UVU bookstore today and was attacked (well, not really) by hugs and big smiles! And THEN when I took my little sister around campus to show her her classrooms, I got excited. By the time I reached the Institute and saw Kerstin's smiling face and Adam in his LDC polo, I got even more excited! This is going to be a good year! I'm so excited for LDC to start up again.

LDC auditions are September 3rd and 4th! Then class starts the 8th! I'm excited!

For those of you who have not had the privilege of seeing UVU, here it is! I always thought it was kind of a boring campus, but I think it's awesome compared to the other choices. I love the simplicity of the design. I enjoy it and feel right at home!


That's not the whole thing, just part of it. The whole thing basically looks like that, though. It's built into a hill, so there's lots of levels, but you can go anywhere on campus and not have to walk outside. It's pretty sweet. Here's a few more pictures of the unique campus!


This is the Hall of Flags. There is a flag for each country who has had students of their go here! This hall actually reminds me of high school. You know what I mean. This is where everyone checks each other out. If you walk down this hall, you're being watched. It's kind of intimidating!



This is the Computer Science building. I think it's a really cool looking building! I only have one class in here, which are the AVC Lectures on the 4th level. It's my least favorite class, which is sad... since I love this building!

So this is where I live. Not literally, but you know what I mean. This is the Orem Institute of Religion. Not the black thing with the windows. The building on the far right. LDC meets in there and I've spent many a late night/early morning there getting ready for performances and such. It's a very fun place to be!

Sadly, the art building is the ugliest building at UVU, so there's no cool pictures. It's just a building. I live there too. This year I'm taking Advanced Layout, Interactive Design 2, and History of Baroque Art and Architecture. It should be fun! I'm also taking senior studio (an independent senior project) and an internship. It'll be a busy year, but I bet I'll have fun!

1 comment:

Ellenamo said...

You will have fun! Yay!