Sunday, August 10, 2008

Congratulations Brandon and Shelby Osmond!


So... Brandon and Shelby got married on Wednesday and their reception was tonight. The whole setting was gorgeous, even though the torrential downpour at the beginning left all of us soaking wet and ducking for cover. Shelby's dress was gorgeous and she looked like an angel. Brandon was handsome as ever and they both looked so incredibly happy. I love those two! 

I gave into the weakness I have for chocolate-covered strawberries. I'm a bad person... :(

LDC sang two numbers for them, Gentle Voice and When Love Came Down. It was so amazing. I laughed at Donny who was running around getting the whole thing on video and the photographer who was shooting pictures at 40 beats a minute! :P 

Apparently the Osmonds can get away with doing illegal fireworks! They set them off right over us, which was tons of fun.

We got to see Brandon and Shelby dance, along with their parents. That was darling. 

We created a tunnel of sparklers for Brandon and Shelby to run through on their way to their car. That was very cool, but did result in a lot of coughing.

Then, Donny was thrown in the pool while wearing his tux! It was quite funny. He proceeded to get out and throw his son's girlfriend in as well. She was such a good sport, climbing out in her black cocktail dress and high heels. I'm not sure I would have been as pleasant. Haha. 

They leave for Maui on Monday and will be there for 2 weeks! I'm so jealous! 

It was a lovely evening and I wish the two of them the very best. You can tell from how they act towards one another and the Spirit their love emits, that they truly are a match made in Heaven! 

1 comment:

Forwards Fun! said...

I didn't even know Brandon got married! Thanks so much for sharing your time with them, I appreciate it. Wish I could see some pictures. I can't believe I didn't even know this!! Thank you!